Tuesday 30 October 2012

Chapter: 8 New people in the Glacier Team

Faelin, Rock, Twister, Tiggerkat and Donatello walked towards the snowy hills. "Sheesh, there aren't even any Reese cups here!" sighed Tiggerkat. "Is it that thing with chocolate and peanut butter?" asked Faelin, doubtfully. "Yup," said Donatello, before Tiggerkat could answer. "Tiggerkat is obsessed with them, you know."  "Oh, I've never eaten them. You know you don't get American food here. Only raw fish and many reindeer meat," said Faelin, coolly. Or perhaps a hare." Tiggerkat didn't want to hear any more. She put her hands to her ears. "That's what we eat here, you know. I've always wanted to try American food." Twister was bored. She wanted to leave the topic of food. Suddenly she saw something. "Look!" she said, pointing. "The snowy hills!"  Everyone looked. Yes, it was the snowy hills. Suddenly they saw figure on the nearest mountain. They climbed up. It was a white arctic fox with green and brown smudges on her fur, who was hiking there. She looked angry and determined. As soon as she heard them, she swung back and thrust her claws near Lantern's neck. Lantern was shocked and didn't know what to do. "You will die," the fox said through clenched teeth. "I'll kill you! I'll take revenge!"  Twister suddenly pulled Lantern and put her own neck and the fox thrust her. Blood started trickling down from her neck but she managed to pin the fox down. Faelin, then leapt on her and stood on her, growling. The fox snarled and tried to stand up. Rock put his knife towards her. "If you won't attack us, we won't either." he snarled. Lantern took out some herbs and healed Twister. Thanks for saving me," he whispered. "I- will not- attack," stuttered the fox as Faelin got up. The fox stood up and brushed her fur. "I'm sorry. My name is Glacier." she said. "I'm taking revenge because a leopard pushed me  down a mountain."  "Oh, I see," said Faelin, meaning to be friendly. "Do you want to join us?" She explained about their plans. "Yes, I would love to," said Glacier, her eyes shining. "I'll be in the Glacier Team. Alright, I can go alone to the direction of the glaciers! Thanks alot!" And she went off.

Author's Note: Glacier is Elizabeth Orr's character. I think she's really cool!

7 comments:

Be nice! No swearing or being rude! Or else you'll be captured/killed!